This post is sponsored by Frank’s RedHot but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Fun fact: I spent high school and some of college as a waitress at a wing restaurant (not the one with the owls – ha!), so buffalo chicken wings have a special place in my
heart belly. So when Frank’s RedHot wanted to partner to share their new Frank’s RedHot Wings, I was pumped!
I’m also sharing a favorite recipe of mine – keto buffalo chicken dip! Frank’s RedHot Original sauce is the KEY to making the best buffalo dip in all the land.
Keep scrolling for the recipe – only 5 ingredients! It’s my go-to easy appetizer for any party.
But I don’t always have time to cook before a party, so I’m definitely going to keep a bag of Franks RedHot Wings – Kickin’ BBQ and Frank’s RedHot Original Wings in the freezer for unexpected celebrations this holiday season. They’re super easy to throw in the oven and serve as an app. I dressed up the plate with collard greens as a garnish, a cup of ranch in the middle, and lots of celery for munching. You can grab the wings at Walmart in the freezer section.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
This buffalo chicken dip recipe isn’t specifically Keto and the only thing that makes it Keto versus ‘regular’ is what you serve it with because all the ingredients in the actual dip are low-carb. Use celery for dipping to keep it Keto-friendly, or use tortilla chips, pretzels or crackers to eat it more traditionally. Promise, the dip is so good you won’t care what you’re eating it with!
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is my favorite because:
- only requires 5 ingredients – I keep most of them on-hand just for the purpose of making this app!
- prep and cook time combined = 10 minutes!
- after you make it, pop it in the slow cooker for an appetizer that tastes amazing all night long.
It’s definitely not skinny or low-fat, but you can make some easy modifications to make it less indulgent ;).
ingredients: canned chicken, drained (3 12.5 oz cans) + 1 cup Frank’s RedHot (don’t try any other hot sauce, Frank’s is what makes the magic happen!) + 1 cup ranch (I use full-fat but you could try low-fat if you want to skinny the recipe a bit) + 2 bars of cream cheese (same drill as the ranch – I use full-fat but you could try neufchatel to lower the fat content) + a big ol’ handful of sharp cheddar cheese
heat the stove on medium-high and, after you’ve drained the chicken, add the hot sauce and let it heat while you shred the chicken chunks a bit with a fork
add the cream cheese – I let it sit on the counter a bit to soften + cut into cubes so it melts easier and quicker
pour on the ranch. mmmmmm.
then add as much sharp cheddar (or any kind of shredded cheese, tbh) as you want and stir.
transfer to a crockpot and serve with celery if you’re going with a Keto buffalo chicken dip, or chips if you aren’t 🙂
mmmm, ultimate party spread
can you believe these wings came from the freezer?! your guests won’t either 😉
chips or celery, you cannot go wrong!
- (3) 12 ounce cans of chicken, drained
- 1 cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- 1 cup ranch
- 2 sticks cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup(ish) shredded sharp cheddar or your shredded cheese of choice, more or less to taste
- Drain the canned chicken and heat over a medium/high stove
- Add the hot sauce and mix
- Add the ranch and cubed cream cheese, stirring occasionally
- Add the shredded cheese, stir, and transfer to slow cooker
- Keep warm in slow cooker and serve with crackers, celery, chips or pretzels