This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Walmart – thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
It’s chili season and I am HERE. FOR. IT! There’s nothing better than tossing a meal into a slow cooker and dinner basically making itself on a crisp fall day so I wanted to share my family’s favorite chili recipe with you… it actually came to us through a friend who got it from his friend’s grandma – regardless, it’s absolutely delicious for adults and kids and so easy to make!
To make it extra easy, I had all the ingredients delivered with my Walmart+ membership! My location offers free delivery from your store on orders of $35+ (restrictions apply), which means I placed the order for the ingredients from the car between the kids’ swimming and volleyball and it was delivered to my doorstep – win/win!
Almost everything you can find at your store can be delivered to your door as fast as same-day, at the same everyday low prices from Walmart that we all know and love.
I ordered all the chili ingredients and the prices were the SAME as in-store and delivered to my door!
Chili Recipe for Crock Pot Ingredients
The beauty of a chili recipe is that things don’t have to be precise, but here’s the general recipe I follow! It’s a GREAT chili recipe for the crock pot since the flavors combine they cook.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I use yellow or white)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes (or 1 28 oz can) – don’t drain
- 10 oz ketchup
- 1 can of beer (literally any beer, I usually use one from the back of the fridge; any alcohol cooks off so it’s still ok for kids!)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages Chili Seasoning (any brand works, I usually get mild if the kids are eating it)
- 2 cans Chili Beans (again any brand works, I usually do 1 can mild, 1 can hot if the kids are eating it)
- 1 can 7-Up or Sprite
Just brown the meat first and then you can either add all the other ingredients to cook on the stove in a pot or dump into a slow cooker (I love this one!) and leave it on low all day. I had all these ingredients delivered from Walmart+ same-day :).
Add any chili toppings you love! Some ideas:
- diced jalepenos
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- greek yogurt
- hot sauce
- oyster crackers
- green onion
Enjoy in a big soup mug with a handle – the best way to eat a big bowl of chili!
Chili Night Finds from Walmart
More details on a Walmart+ membership…
- Get a free 15 day trial HERE!
- Join for $12.95/month or $98/year (annual plan only – breaks down to $2/week based on 52 weeks in a year)
- The yearlong membership is a 37% savings vs the monthly membership which adds up to $57 saved over the year
- Everything with a Walmart+ icon on Walmart.com has FREE shipping from Walmart.com with no order minimum (excludes freight & Marketplace items) with next-day and two-day shipping options!