A couple of months ago I helped throw a baby shower for a Mexican-loving momma-to-be who also happens to be one of my best friends. Girlfriend is seriously obsessed with margaritas, so I (cruelly, sorry Linz) decided to get all Pinterest and create a DIY margarita bar. Because who doesn’t want to drink margaritas while they watch their pregnant friend open onesies and nipple cream?
You can get really crazy with a margarita bar or keep it really simple. I went a little overboard but it turned out really cute.
Here are my DIY margarita bar essentials:
- Tequila. Duh. Cointreau optional.
- Assorted juices. I had orange, mango, berry, and fresh squeezed lime.
- Garnishes. Fresh blackberries, raspberries, and lime slices dressed up our little margs.
- “Extras”. The little things that make any margarita better – agave nectar, margarita salt, and fun little striped straws.
Fresh limes for the DIY margarita bar.
A little chalkboard is a cute way to give guests an idea of how much of each ingredient to include in their margarita.
Adding fresh fruit makes margaritas healthy, right?
A couple pieces of advice from my experience…
- Make sure that the recipe you give people to follow actually fits in the glasses you provide… the liquid measurements listed above were too much for the glasses we had. Whoopsies.
- While paper straws are just the cutest, they slowly but surely disintegrate upon being submerged in liquor. Try something more sturdy, like these.
- These are great for a shower or party because the different ingredients create a unique drink that’s a conversation-starter – guests can give each other recipe advice or share their cocktail, plus the virgin versions are delicious, too.
See more Parties and Celebrations:
What would you put in your DIY margarita?