This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. But the words and story are my own – I’ll only share things I really love. #schnucksmeals #CollectiveBias
Why is it that December is absolutely the longest month of the entire year as a kid but as an adult, it flies by faster than the speed of light? I’m sure it has something to do with the insane pressure we are putting on ourselves to make every moment *so magical* for our kids. The theme of the season, for me, has been simplify – allowing myself to take shortcuts, say no, and spend time doing the stuff that really matters to me. So far, it’s been working. This is the first holiday season I’ve been pregnant (7 months now!) and I don’t have the time or energy to do it all.
One of my favorite places to streamline and simplify is dinnertime – it’s always a busy time for us and I don’t want to be cooking from a box 7 nights a week, so easy, FAST recipes are my jam. Enter: Schnucks Simple Solution Meals. The one I picked up has a whole roasted chicken (yum), a 1.25L Coca-Cola, and a side of yummy potato salad for less than $11. Their whole roasted chicken is perfect for those nights where you have nothing planned for dinner but want something hot, fresh and TASTY. Even better, you can use the leftovers for so. many. things. One of my favorite recipes to make with rotisserie chicken is 10 minute chicken avocado burritos – seriously easy and delicious:
My recipe for 10 minute chicken avocado burritos:
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese - Mexican or Taco blend
- 1 avocado, diced
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- Splash of olive oil
- Optional: sour cream
- Mix shredded chicken, cheese, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream (if using) in a bowl.
- Spread mixture evenly over the 4 large tortillas and wrap like a burrito.
- Heat a pan or skillet with olive oil splashed to coat the surface over medium high heat.
- Cook burritos on hot pan for a minute or two on each side until they are crispy and toasted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Adapted from Gimme Delicious