This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you).
Fall = football season and though our NFL team left this season, we’ve always been college football fans. When we’re having people over to watch a game, my main objective is to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible AND make something totally tasty. True story: I’m more about the socializing than the actual game, so hanging out alone in the kitchen is NOT my jam.
So for game days, I need something easy and delicious. This pregnancy has made me majorly crave
junk not-so-healthy food, so my must-have football snack is cheesy, onion-y, gooey. Yep: White Castle cheeseburgers. If you don’t live in a White Castle zone, they’re a fast food chain known for sliders that are soggy, onion-spiked little burgers with cheese – so bad, they’re good.
My version is super easy to make in the crockpot, perfect for game day, and so so tasty – but definitely not a diet food! The best thing about these is that they can be made in the morning – long before the game starts – and just sit in the crockpot all day long. When you’re ready to feast, heat up the taco boats – only takes about 10 minutes and you don’t have to spend any time in the kitchen actually cooking while people are over or the game is on. Score!
I hit Walmart for the cutest little Old El Paso mini taco bowls to fill with my White Castle cheeseburger mixture (recipe below, only 5 ingredients, and you can get them all at Walmart).
Side note: I always have about 7 boxes of these taco kits in the pantry at all times for days where it’s 5pm and I’m like, uh, what’s for dinner?! #winning
How to make easy cheeseburger boats with Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats:
- 1 lb ground beef (I used lean)
- 1 package Onion Soup Mix
- 1 box Velveeta Cheese (you don't have to use the whole box, but I used more than half)
- 1 can Condensed Mushroom Soup
- 1-2 boxes Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- Cut Velveeta into chunks (so it melts easier).
- Add Velveeta, beef, onion soup mix, and soup to slow cooker and set on high, stirring periodically until cheese melts.
- Once cheese has melted, set slow cooker to warm.
- When ready to eat, heat the mini boats according to the box and fill with cheeseburger mix.
- Tip: If you want to melt Velveeta quicker, add it to the ground beef in the skillet on the stove and then add to slow cooker.
See More Food + Easy Recipes:
What’s your go-to game day food? Tell me in the comments!