This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you).
It’s sale season and one of the best deals to snag in July are Spanx Faux Leather Leggings… which seems a little crazy since it’s right in the middle of summer!
But if you’ve ever thought about them or had any questions, I put together this resource to answer ALLTHETHINGS about the infamous faux leather leggings:
Are Spanx Leggings Worth the Hype?
I’ve had mine for 4 years, and I do think they’re worth the hype because:
- they last – you do not have to replace these every year, they don’t pill, they don’t stretch or sag
- they’re more versatile than you might think… the faux leather finish is super subtle, not a high-shine, and they can easily be dressed down. I wear mine just like I’d wear any other leggings (aka with a pullover and sneakers)
- the dollar per wear is strong – if you divide the cost by the number of times you wear the leggings, the end result shakes out pretty well.
- they are NOT see-through… but the fabric is substantial without being too thick
- the flat front means no camel toe – very important when leggings are concerned 🙂
Are Spanx Faux Leather Leggings Worth the Money?
See above – I definitely think they’re a solid wardrobe investment – especially if you can score them on sale… see next point below :).
Do Spanx Faux Leather Leggings Ever Go On Sale?
They do – a couple times a year – but are subject to selling out quickly and/or sometimes being excluded from sitewide sales.
The absolute cheapest time to get them is always in July – aka when you aren’t ready to squeeze into tight leggings. Grab them on sale for $65!
But, trust me, it’s best to grab them while they’re in-stock and about 30% off – the lowest they ever go.
Spanx Regular vs Petite – What’s The Difference?
Here they are on me… regular length on the left, petite on the right.
Are Spanx Leggings Comfortable?
They have a decent amount of compression so they aren’t the most comfortable leggings I own, but they are definitely wearable all day.
Do Spanx Leggings Stretch Out?
If you’re wondering if they stretch before you’ve put them on your body (because they look TINY straught out of the package) – YES, they will stretch a lot to go on your body. After that, they don’t stretch with normal wear.
How Do I Wash My Spanx Faux Leather Leggings?
Turn them inside out, wash them in cold water, and lay them flat to dry – this helps them retain their ‘leather’ sheen.
Should I Size Up or Down in Spanx Leggings?
I say order your true size if you want a good amount of compression and order a size up if you still want them to be form-fitting but not SO tight.
I can wear either a small or a medium for a more comfortable fit and I’m usually a 2 and wear a small in most things.
How do I wear Spanx Faux Leather Leggings?
Just like you would any other leggings, honestly. You can dress them up with a cute blouse and heeled booties or dress them down with a sweatshirt and sneakers.