This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you).
As moms, we’re always grasping to hold the sweet (and hilarious) memories of our kids, while simultaneously looking toward the future – walking, elementary school, driving, independence… sigh. But with three kids – and, who am I kidding, when I only had one child – I don’t have the time or energy to create elaborate memory books for them. But I found a solution – an easy, free way to preserve the sweet, day-to-day memories we’re making here at home. Read on to see my mom hack for preserving memories + see how The Cincinnati Insurance Companies help you protect what matters most. And how to create an email address for your child!
Create an email address for your child
We created an email account for each of our kids for a couple reasons:
- So they would have an email address that’s not junked up with “007” or “2012” or whatever else at the end of it. This will come in handy some day, I’m certain 😉
- We want to give them the gift of all the fun memories of their childhoods – on their 18th birthday, they’ll get the password to their email account that we will have sent things to for the past 18 years.
- It’s a free way to preserve memories – no paid subscriptions, no photo storage, etc. We went with Gmail because I’m somewhat confident that Google/Gmail isn’t going to disappear.
- It’s another backup for your photos – I personally have my photos on an external hard-drive in a safe, on my computer, on iCloud, and a ton still on my phone as well. But just in case any/all of those storage tools don’t work, the pics are still out there somewhere.
- I SO look forward to looking through their accounts with them someday, reliving the sweet (and hilarious) memories of their childhoods.
- It’s the simplest, easiest digital scrapbook for your kids.
It’s so easy to send a little anecdote or conversation we had that day, or a cell phone photo snapped of them doing something silly or adorable. I’ve even sent an audio clip of Cooper’s laugh – partly because I want him to hear it some day as an adult, but also so I can always remember it.
I always want to remember moments like these:
So having an online, digital backup of each child’s memories in their inboxes is one way I protect what matters most. The Cincinnati Insurance Companies also help protect what matters most to you, whether it’s your passion, your home or your valuable possessions. They have a trusted team of people who put relationships (not transactions) first, which is pretty amazing for peace of mind. To learn more, contact an independent agent today.