This post is sponsored by Phillips 66® – thank you, as always, for supporting the brands that support this blog!
Growing up, some of my favorite memories were made at Busch Stadium with my family. As a lifelong St. Louisan, I grew up singing the National Anthem before the first pitch every spring… as part of a choir, no solos for this gal ;). Lots of popcorn and cotton candy, lots of afternoons in the sun, lots of memorable moments as a Cards fan.
World Series wins, the Home Run Race of 1998, and a bunch of hours sitting in red seats wearing a red shirt – growing up as a Cardinal fan was always just plain FUN.
And now, I’m lucky enough to be raising 3 (soon to be 4!) mini Cardinals fans. Taking your kids to the Ballpark is a little stressful, a lot sweet, and it’s always worth going downtown to see a game.
Just visit a St. Louis Phillips 66, fill up your tank, and present your receipt inside for a discount card. When you’re at home, scratch off your unique code and visit Cardinals.com/Phillips66 to snag tickets for up to 50% off!
We took our two big kids to the game Monday evening as a special back-to-school treat and they loved it AND ACTUALLY SAT THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME. <– that warrants all caps, folks.
Tips for Taking Your Kids to Cardinals Games
- Get discounted tickets! Visit a Phillips 66, fill up your tank with 8 gallons or more and present your receipt inside for a discount card. Then scratch off your unique code and visit Cardinals.com/Phillips66 to snag tickets for up to 50% off!
- If you have a baby, wear him/her if you can. Umbrella strollers are allowed but they can be a little clunky to maneuver depending on where you’re sitting and you’re expected to be able to fit your stroller under your seats.
- You CAN bring in unopened bottled non-alcoholic beverages – water, juice, whatever your child will want to drink. You can also buy, but it’s a whole lot less expensive to BYOB(everage)
- You can also bring in snacks – when my kids were tiny, I’d bring applesauce pouches, small snack bags of crackers, granola bars – keep the snacks coming 😉
- Keep your expectations low – you might have to leave early. Someone might have a meltdown. It might be you ;). It’s all good – you’re making memories regardless!
- Try to get seats in the shade or with access to an air-conditioned area for hot days – no one likes to be dripping with sweat. Here’s a link to the Cardinals 3D map for more details on seating.
- Make sure your bag/purse is under 16x16x8 – diaper backpacks are ok but the rules are a little iffy on backpacks if you aren’t with a child.
- When things get touch & go, hit the Family Pavilion located on Level 1 between Gates 5 and 6. It’s a really nice area with a soft-surface, covered playground for kids. Don’t forget socks! They’re required for the play area – trust me, I’ve had to buy some pricey souvenir socks 😉
- There ARE areas to nurse and/or pump if you aren’t with your baby. I’ve pumped at multiple Cardinals games and everyone has always been super helpful. The nursing suite is in the Family Pavilion and there are Family Rooms available in Section 160 or 348.
- It may sound like a hassle, but bring small, quiet toys for your kids to play with in-seat so you can actually take in some of the game. Think Silly Putty, Water Wow coloring books, Fidget Spinners… I-Spy is a great one, too – “I spy someone wearing a green hat” – you get the gist.
- Do NOT bring aerosol sunscreen – they’ll make you throw it out 🙁
here’s a link to all the official Busch Stadium policies and info