This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m a sucker for anything striped and swingy, so when I saw this top at Gap I grabbed it without thinking twice. The fit is a little boxy but the material isn’t super thick so it can be dressed up or down – I’ll wear it all season with black crops for work and leggings on my days with the kids.
Of course, I have approximately 98 seconds for Chris to take these photos before he starts whining, the kids start pulling plants out of the ground and the dog tries to run into the street. Don’t believe me? See bottom photo. On this particular day, I was determined to get pics of the shirt dressed up and down. Best laid plans…
Even my “dressy” look is pretty casual. Dark skinny jeans, my favorite slingback black pumps and a little knotted print belt are easy with everything. I topped it off with a calf hair animal print clutch (from Etsy!) that I carry on its own approximately 3% of the time or toss into the diaper bag the other 97% of the time. I bought the belt 2 sizes too big so that I could knot it, FYI.
The other look is a little more casual with a quick switch of the bag (tossed the clutch into the diaper bag) and lost the belt. I also cuffed the jeans so the inside was outside to show off the hightop sneakers.
Annnnd this is how it really goes down…