This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Style as a SAHM is so weird – it’s easy to slip into the “leggings all the time” mentality. I was stuck there throughout my entire pregnancy with Emmy and literally didn’t wear jeans for a year+. But the longer I’ve stayed home, not working in an office or with any other adults around all day, the more I’ve found it’s important to actually dress like I’m going somewhere other than a yoga class. Look better, feel better, y’know? I’m by no means fancy, but putting on an actual outfit is good for my sanity. Here’s a go-to stay-at-home-mom outfit that you can wear anywhere, anytime.
Utility Jacket Picks
An olive utility/military jacket is a must in anyone’s wardrobe but especially moms – lots of pockets, comfy yet more tailored than a sweatshirt. Perfect for in-between temps, easy to wear, unfussy and classic. The one I’m wearing here is from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and is sold out, but I found a ton of others that aren’t nearly as expensive but have amazing reviews and the same casual coolness as mine:
- This one has a hood, comes in 50+ color/fur/plaid combinations, all of which are under $40, and has 4 stars on over 650 reviews! // Military Parka Anorak
- Under $40, 7 colors (I want them all!) and 4.5 stars on 35 reviews. Really cute! // Cargo Hoodie Jacket
- 4.5 stars, under $42, free returns, detachable faux fur hood – love! // Faux Fur & Faux Sherpa Lined Parka
- This little cutie is $11(!!!) and you need to see the pics of it on people who actually own it… // Army Green Oversized Jacket
- A cute shorter length with great hardware details + under $40 // Waist Length Utility Jacket
- Longer, tunic-length draped lightweight anorak with 4 stars and under $35! // Drapey Anorak
- This cargo jacket comes in 4 colors and has a full 5 stars on 60+ reviews – love the grey color! Under $40 // Cargo Jacket
- A total favorite, I think I’m going to get the camo color – 5 stars on 1k+ reviews. That’s insane. Under $40 and almost always on sale // Twill Field Jacket
- This jacket is the closest to the one I’m wearing – same brand, slightly different styling // Military Jacket
- I love Joe’s Jeans Skinny Ankle – they’re not cheap but they will last you YEARS and the $/wear is pretty good. Here are some options for the Skinny Ankle at all price points – some really great steals! // $135 // under $80! // $150 // another of my favorite pair of premium jeans
- This striped shirt is under $20, worth every penny! Runs big, I always do a side-tie // Striped Long Sleeve Tee
Accessories & Extras
- My choker is so delicate & pretty BUT I needed an extender to make it fit my neck, and I wouldn’t say I have a big neck // Choker & Extender
- These are my favorite mules this season – a little glam, way comfy, and so easy to slip on & go // Platinum Mules
- One of my favorite fall nail shades // Nail Polish
- The easiest throw-and-go tote, great for moms because it’s faux leather and super durable // Faux Tote
Lip Color – Lipsense in Pink Champagne. My girlfriend Ashley asked if I wanted to try Lipsense and I jumped at the chance because I know people are seriously addicted. I almost NEVER wear anything on my lips – like, I don’t own a single regular lipstick at all and use coconut oil at night occasionally. But I’ve noticed that my lips seem washed out and it’s not the best look, ya know? She sent me Bella, which I’m wearing in the pics above, and Pink Champagne, which is my favorite, and I’m wearing in the pic below. You can join her Lipsense Group here – it’s really fun, laid back, and I’m in it 😉 or you can click here to see what she has in stock and how to order. AND you get 10% off with code ‘LOVELYLUCKY’ through 11/15/17!