This post is sponsored by Tom’s of Maine. Thanks for supporting the brands that support this blog
In celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Silly Strawberry Natural Kids Toothpaste by Tom’s of Maine, I’m so excited to share our kids’ bathroom with you! When we moved in, it was one of our favorite rooms in the house for a couple reasons…
- There’s a pull-out shelf under one of the sink cabinets for little kids to use as a step-stool
- The big white farmhouse sink is perfect for bathing new babies
- The kids’ toilet has a built in potty seat
- The bathtub came with inset little shelves for all the kids’ toys
- Double mirror/medicine cabinets to store all.the.things.
Between potty training and bathing three kids (semi)regularly, we spend a decent amount of time in the bathroom. And while it is the kids’ bath, it’s also the only non-master bathroom upstairs, so it’s used for guests as well. For that reason, I wanted the design to be nice and neutral but bright and friendly for the kids. Take a peek at the kids’ bathroom reveal + our favorite toothpaste & how we actually manage to get the kids to brush for 2 minutes!
Our bedtime routine looks something like this:
- Baths for all 3. They’re big enough to all sit in the tub together and it’s just the sweetest thing ever!
- Put on PJs
- Read stories and watch a short video (usually 1 movie song on YouTube)
- Brush teeth. We still supervise the kids and help them out but one thing that’s been a game-changer is the “Silly Brushing Song” – it’s a fun video for parents that Tom’s of Maine created in partnership with children’s singer/songwriter Laurie Berkner to help kids brush for a full two minutes. Otherwise, getting them to brush that long is a struggle!
- My kids will ONLY brush with Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry Natural Kids Toothpaste because it’s the only thing they’ve tried that isn’t “too spicy” – it’s the #1 natural kids toothpaste and it’s also the 25th anniversary of Silly Strawberry!
- Silly Strawberry is made for kids ages 2-6 with natural, yummy ingredients including real strawberry extract and other natural flavors and uses no artificial flavors, dyes or sweeteners AND it’s not tested on animals
- Available in both fluoride and fluoride-free
- First and only natural kids toothpaste to receive the American Dental Association’s Seal of Acceptance
There were a couple things I didn’t know about Tom’s of Maine that I kind of love – the fact that they give back 10% of their profits to organizations that support people and the planet AND they encourage employees to use 5% (12 days) of paid time every year to volunteer. It’s pretty cool that they actually walk the walk instead of just talking the talk, ya know?
The Kids’ Bathroom
Shower Curtain // Bath Mats // Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry Natural Kids Toothpaste // Hand Towels // Bath Toy Holder // Light Fixtures // Bathroom Stool // Bath Trash Can // Toilet Paper Roll // Galvanized Bucket // So Fresh & So Clean Print // Cat Hooded Towel // Shark Hooded Towel