This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Walmart – thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
I found it, ladies… the PERFECT tee for knotting. It has great length, it’s lightweight, it has a cute accent pocket and it has awesome short sleeve length. AND it’s under $10! Spoiler… it’s from the men’s section!
t-shirt for side knotting – wearing a small
This tee is foolproof for side knotting – but, just in case, I put together a simple ‘how to knot a t-shirt’ photo tutorial below :).
You can use any tee with enough length to side-knot. I like to add a knot to my tees to add some definition and interest. You can side-knot a t-shirt to wear with basically anything…
- denim shorts
- biker shorts
- over a dress
- high-waisted jeans
- with a maxi or midi skirt
How to Knot a T-Shirt – Picture Tutorial
Step by Step How to Tie A Tee
- Choose a tee that’s long enough – this tying tee is foolproof because it’s super long without being bulky.
- Pull it to one side while holding the extra fabric in your other hand
- Pull the extra fabric down while twisting while holding the tee with your other hand
- Twist the extra fabric around your finger to make the start of a knot
- Pull the fabric through where your finger is to make a little ‘rosette’ knot – I like it when there’s no extra fabric sticking out of my knot
- Voila! You’ve got the perfect side-knotted tee.