This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Walmart – thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
Raise your hand if your brain feels like a browser with 652 tabs open at all times… 🙋🙋🙋. With the kids ‘starting school‘ again, I’m trying to get back in the swing of a routine in the mornings. So I decided that breakfast should be part of that routine, setting us up for success, no?!
I find that my kids do much better when they start the day with a protein-rich breakfast. But making eggs every AM isn’t really my thing. I discovered a great recipe for breakfast cookies that my kids GOBBLED up last time I made them, so I figured I’d whip up a quick batch…
Until I realized we didn’t have the freaking old fashioned oats. I had steel cut oats, instant oats, oatmeal… but no old fashioned oats. #typical!
Luckily, Walmart just launched an Express delivery service – major mom win! You order from your phone or computer (easy!) and your order is delivered in 2 hours – or less! Also LOVE that with Walmart’s Express delivery, the price you pay is exactly the same price you’d pay in-store.
In true random-Val fashion, along with my old fashioned oats, I grabbed not one, but two, bottles of cold brew, some natural deodorant, a bunch of bananas, white chocolate chips, and some velcro wall hangers. You can get TONS of stuff with Walmart’s Express delivery – think OTC meds, tech accessories, toys, and groceries.
Walmart Express delivery for the win!
And now, for the recipe for breakfast cookies you (and your kids!) will love! These are great for breakfast but also for snacking – even no snacks Chris approves 😂.
Easy 5 Minute No-Bake Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
recipe adapted from I Heart Naptime – don’t be afraid to double or triple the recipe for the entire week!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4-1 cup cup old fashioned oats
- optional: 1-3 Tablespoons chia seeds AND/OR 1/4 cup chocolate chips (white, dark, or milk), chopped nuts, dried fruit, seeds, protein powder
peanut butter + vanilla extract + honey
How to Make Breakfast Cookies
- put the peanut butter, vanilla, and honey (or maple syrup) in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20ish seconds. remove and stir.
- stir in the oats and whatever other ‘toppings’ you’re using… I used white chocolate chips and chia seeds this time. You could also use any kind of dried fruit, any kind of nut, protein powder, and/or any kind of chocolate. Truly no way to mess these up!
- scoop them into balls (I did 9) on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and pop them into the fridge for an hour+ to harden, or straight into the freezer if you want them done quicker!
- you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge (best served straight out of the fridge) or the freezer (let them ‘thaw’ in the fridge).
the ‘cookies’ before they’re cooled – still a little liquified
and after the fridge
store in the fridge in an airtight container
Walmart Express delivery is subject to availability at select stores. Standard delivery fee and/or Express delivery fee may apply. Minimum order applies.