This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I meant to share this pre-Mother’s-Day yet here we are… #storyofmylife. Better late than never – sharing details on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day card books!
Instead of wasting money on cards that will get thrown away, we bought notebooks a few years ago to act as a ‘permanent’ cards for each of the major holidays.
Using a notebook as a permanent Mother’s Day or Father’s Day card is great for a few reasons…
- you’re not wasting $6 every holiday
- no environmental waste
- you don’t have to keep track of cards you actually want to keep
- no spending time running to the store last-minute
- you can actually SEE the progression of your kids’ skills/development over the years
It’s pretty simple – you can do this for birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day… just buy a notebook for said holiday and write in it annually.
Personally, we do hand tracings of our kids, have them sign their names, draw a pic, and answer questions. We ask them:
- my mom/dad is _____ years old
- she/he has ___ eyes and ____ hair
- his/her name is ____
- his/her favorite food is _____
- I like when he/she cooks ____
- We like to ________ together
- he/she always tells me ________
- I love him/her because _____