This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Midwest BankCentre – thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
Raise your hand if you’re all about more memories and moments, less stuff! (every mom in the universe raises both hands). SAME! I’m so excited about this list of experience gift ideas for kids – there are over 60 ideas that kids of all ages would love to receive!
It’s easy for the holiday gifting to get out of control, and before you know it your house is filled with a ton of STUFF that just causes stress – too much to put away, too many choices to fight over, not enough space for imaginative play – the list goes on and on.
Research shows that experiences gifts make a person happier than tangible items… I polled you guys on Instagram and there were a ton of great ideas for non-toy experience gift ideas, so here they are!
I partnered with Midwest BankCentre on this post; if you’re in or around St. Louis, they have an amazing holiday offer when you open a Youth Savings Account!
At Midwest BankCentre, a Youth Savings Account (for kids under 17) requires a deposit of $5 and benefits include a 5% Annual Percentage Yield return up to the first $1,000 deposit, no minimums, no fees, and new accounts opened in November or December also get a complimentary piggy bank.
One-Time Experience Gifts For Kids
- Subscription for a kids’ magazine (Kids National Geographic, Highlights Mag)
- KiwiCo Subscription – your first month is FREE with this link
- Trip to Great Wolf Lodge
- Overnight Hotel Stay
- Certificate for a living room fort and movie night
- Movie Pack – tickets and candy for a movie @ the theater
- Fun lunch out – somewhere like a soda fountain or novelty restaurant
- Trip to the Arcade
- A day of “yes”. You set a dollar limit and the kids choose what to do. You can’t say no if its within the dollar limit.
- Concert Tickets
- Coupons for 1-on-1 time
- Mani/Pedi together
- Tickets to Disney on Ice
- Tickets to Paw Patrol Live / Sesame Street Live
- Book Subscription – Amazon has one
- A special day with Grandparents/Aunt/Uncle to do something special
- Polar Express Tickets
- Movie night at Grandma’s with a sleepover
- Coupon book of dates with just Mom or Dad
- Tickets to a baseball, basketball, hockey, football game – we give the kids Blues tickets in their stocking every year
- Day of being a tourist in your own city
- Weekend trip to a nearby city
- Tour of a local stadium (STL: Busch or Enterprise Center)
- Shopping date
- Behind-the-scenes tour at the Zoo, aquarium, etc.
- Volunteer together
- City Pass for your city
- Membership to the Zoo
- Membership to Children’s Museum
- Season Passes to Science Center
- Aquarium Tickets/Passes
- Botanical Garden Membership
- Magic House Membership
- Six Flags / Amusement Park
- YMCA / Lifetime Fitness
- Transportation Museum
- Subscription to a learning App (ie Epic)
- Disney Tickets
- Disney+ App Subscription
- Netflix Subscription
- Swimming Lessons
- Karate Lessons
- Ballet/Dance Classes
- Gymnastic Lessons
- Skating Lessons
- Music Lessons (Piano, Voice, Guitar, Drum, etc)
- Spanish/Foreign Language Lessons
- Horseback Riding Lessons
- Cooking Camp/Classes
- Private/Group Lessons for their favorite sport
- Summer Camp tuition
Gift Cards for Activities
- Ice Skating
- Trampoline Park
- Bounce Park
- Rock Climbing
- Top Golf
- Pottery Painting
- VRBO / airBnB / airline certificate