This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A girlfriend from my Book Club RAVED about The Only Facial and told me I had to try it, so when they opened their 2nd location in St. Louis in Des Peres, I booked as quickly as possible!
Honestly, I’d had occasional facials in the past that either broke me out or were just kind of ‘meh’. But after my 3rd Signature Facial from The Only Facial, I’m hooked!
Immediate before & after – peep that post-facial glazed donut GLOW! And keep scrolling for videos & dermaplane photos ;).
Here are the basics about The Only Facial & how it works:
What is The Only Facial?
The Only Facial is female founded (yay!) and only in St. Louis (for now) with locations in Des Peres + University City. They offer ONE thing and ONE thing only – their Signature Facial.
Ok, they also offer a Teen Facial which is a shorter version of the Signature Facial, specifically designed to combat the common problematic skin that sometimes comes with the pre-teen and teen years.
*AND* they also have a Buff & Polish which is a perfect ‘in-between’ facials visit for if you have a special event – it includes a Dermaplane & Facial massage.
Regardless of which service you get, there are no upsells, no tips, just an easy, stress-free experience! Which is basically alllll I want in any service, ever!
Ok tell me more about The Signature Facial…
The same 9 steps are included for everyone but each treatment within the process is tailored to your skincare goals & needs – you’ll start the appointment discussing your skincare concerns and goals with your esthetician and go from there!
So what procedures are included in the Signature Facial?
- cleansing – show up with a fresh face or a face full of makeup, the first step is a good cleanse
- brow shaping – they’ll “clean up” or do a full tweeze, up to you!
- dermaplaning – this is my FAVORITE part… dermaplaning is where the esthetician uses a blade to gently remove fine vellus hair + dead skin from your face. This allows products to penetrate the skin better both during your facial and at home.
- microdermabrasion – The Only Facial’s microderm wand uses vacuum pressure and a coarse-tipped wand to exfoliate the surface deeper and to stimulate collagen production and increase circulation.
- enzyme/chemical peel – you’ll work with your esthetician to determine skincare goals and they’ll recommend a formula to address your concerns. I started with the lowest chemical concentration for my first 2 facials and then we ‘bumped it up’ this time – the goal is always to achieve results without a ton of irritation and I feel like The Only Facial does a great job of balancing both!
- facial massage – not only does the facial massage feel awesome, it also increases circulation, improves skin elasticity, and stimulates collagen production.
- LED light therapy – this stimulates collagen production, calms the skin and provides anti inflammatory benefits.
- Microcurrent Wand – they use microcurrent to tighten the skin – it doesn’t hurt at all!
- treatment mask – you’ll get a mask chosen specifically for you based on your skincare concerns
- hydration/SPF – The Only Facial makes sure you walk out ready to face the day with your face fully protected
My dermaplane results:
dead skin + fine facial hair – gone! hoping that big black hair didn’t come from my face but nothing would surprise me at this point 😂
I asked Samantha about at-home dermaplaning since I know SO many people use disposable facial blades at home – she said to avoid it as those blades aren’t sharp enough (dull blades are actually more likely to cut you) and many people just don’t know what they’re doing 🙃 which can cause microcuts in the skin which allows bacteria to get in which can cause breakouts (or worse) SO basically – at-home dermaplaning could be doing more harm than good!
How much does it cost?
$125 which includes the 9 step facial – no tip, no products to purchase.
Who is your esthetician?
I see Samantha & she’s great! But the only person I’ve tried so no comparison :).
How often do you get a facial?
I’ve been going about once every 5-6 weeks and need to book for holiday like now!
How do you find a facial spa you trust?
In this case, it really was a recommendation from a friend but I definitely look to online reviews + local Facebook groups for recommendations on stuff like this, too!
What are the benefits of getting facials?
Facials can help your skin look fresh and healthy by encouraging regular cell turnover, which slows as we age. Facials can help ‘jump start’ that cell turnover & increase collagen production.
History of facials causing cold sores so I avoid – inevitable or should I keep trying?
I’m honestly not sure but The Only Facial will be able to tell you!
Have you had an LED facial?
An LED mask is part of The Signature Facial :).
Tried to book 3 gals together – is that possible?
You can book multiple at the Des Peres location!
Did you get facials when you were pregnant?
I didn’t (wasn’t aware of TOF at the time!) but you can get a pregnancy-safe facial! They just change up the Peel step of the process. Of course, ask your OB if you have specific concerns <3.
What effects does it have/how long do the effects last? Ever experience breakouts after?
The post-facial glow lasts a couple days which I LOVE! The post-facial baby smooth skin feeling is a VIBE and I love it so much.
I personally have not had any major skin irritation or breakouts post-facial but everyone’s skin is different so definitely be aware/mindful when timing your first appointment (like I wouldn’t get my first facial Wednesday with family photos Saturday).
OK I’m booking a Signature Facial!
YAY you’re going to love it! Loved seeing this feedback from my Instagram gals about The Only Facial so I think you’ll be happy, too :).
Mention Val from Lovely Lucky Life when you book for a free gift basket of goodies + The Only Facial also offers gift cards!
Des Peres // 314-960-7663 // 1175 Colonnade CenterSaint Louis, MO 63131
University City // 314-330-7843 // 614 North and South Rd University City, MO 63130